Statement of intent
At William Gilbert Primary and Nursery School, we are committed to equality and believe that every child is unique in their journey to flourishing as successful learners.
· We provide a safe, nurturing and accessible environment in which all contributions are considered and valued.
· We promote equality of opportunity and value diversity for all children and families.
We aim to be a community where everyone is treated fairly and with tolerance and respect.
· We believe that different needs, disabilities, cultures, talents and life experiences bring richness and vibrancy to school life and help create an environment that supports us all in learning from each other.
· We promote inclusive practice throughout school life, ensuring that every child fully develops their talents and fulfil their own aspirational, personal and academic potential.
· We recognise additional needs are represented in many different ways and we aim to support all children to flourish as an individual. We value the preciousness of each individual so that every child understands their inherent worth and is equipped and empowered to live life in all its fullness.
It is through our vision ‘Through Faith Hope and Love we learn together’ that we can achieve the greatest outcomes in life. We focus on the right of every child to receive an education that enables them to make progress, so that they achieve their best, become confident individuals leading fulfilling lives and make a successful transition into adulthood.
You can view our accessibility policy and plan below.