Aims of the Early Years Team
- We want new families to feel a warm welcome to William Gilbert.
- We want to give families an opportunity to visualise the school setting and get a glimpse into life at William Gilbert School and the Reception Year;
- We want to give families the opportunity to share any worries, concerns, and excitement, and ask questions as they would in a face-to-face induction;
- We want families to start to become familiar with, and to get to know staff, and for staff to begin to build relationships with families;
- We want some level of two-way communication, not just school giving information;
- We want to help children to start to feel familiar with the Reception environment;
- Most of all, we want families and children to feel a sense of belonging to the William Gilbert community.